Article 1 (Personal Information)
“Personal Information” refers to “personal information” defined under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information. It is information related to a living individual that contains a name, date of birth, address, and contact information, such as a telephone number or email address, a bank account number, a credit card number, or other identifiers which can be used to identify a specific individual and information that can be used in isolation to identify a specific individual (individual identification code), such as data related to physical appearance, fingerprints, voiceprints, and health insurance card insurance numbers.
Article 2 (Means of Collecting Personal Information)
The Company, may ask for Personal Information that includes information about interests and preferences when users use the Service. Additionally, the Company may collect transaction records that include users’ personal information and information about payments made between users and the Company’s partners (including information providers, advertisers, and ad recipients, hereafter “Partners”).
Article 3 (Purpose of Collecting and Using Personal Information)
The purpose of collecting and using Personal Information is as listed below:
- ・ To provide and operate the Company’s products and services
- ・ To respond to user inquires (including conducting identify verification)
- ・ To send emails about new features, updates, campaigns, etc., of the products and services currently used by the user and to provide information about other services offered by the Company
- ・ For necessary communications, such as maintenance and important announcements
- ・ To identify users who violate our terms of service or who seek to use our service for fraudulent or inappropriate purposes and to deny their usage of the service
- ・ To allow users to view, modify, delete their registered information and to review their usage status
- ・ To conduct marketing or analysis to improve the services based on browsing and purchase history, cookie information, and personal interests and preferences
- ・ For purposes associated with the above purpose of use
Article 4 (Changes to the Purpose of Use)
The Company may change the purpose of use for personal information only in cases when it is reasonably considered to have relevance to the purpose of use prior to the change. In the event of changes to the purpose of use, regarding the post-change purpose, the Company will inform users by a method prescribed by the Company or make an announcement on this website.
Article 5 (Providing Personal Information to Third Parties)
- 1. The Company, except in the following cases, will not provide third parties with Personal Information without obtaining the prior consent of the user. However, this excludes cases permitted under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other laws and regulations.
- ・ When it is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of humans, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the user
- ・ When there is a special need to improve public well-being or promote healthy child development, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the user
- ・ When there is a need to cooperate with a national government organ, local government, or person entrusted thereby with performing the functions prescribed by laws and regulations and obtaining the consent of the user is likely to interfere with the performance of those functions
- ・ When the third party is an academic research institution or the equivalent, and the third party needs to handle the Personal Information for academic research purposes
- ・ When providing cookies and other identifying information and encrypted Personal Information to a third-party company that is entrusted with the delivery of advertising in connection with the entrustment (In addition, the third-party company will not use this information for purposes other than the entrusted delivery of advertisements.)
- ・ When the Company notifies or announces the following items and has notified the Personal Information Protection Commission
- ・ The name, address, and representative of the Company
- ・ The purpose of use includes provision to third parties
- ・ Data items to be provided to third parties
- ・ The means of acquiring the Personal Information to be provided to third parties
- ・ The method or means of provision to third parties
- ・ Suspending the provision of Personal Information to third parties upon the request of the user
- ・ The means of receiving user requests
- ・ The means of updating the Personal Information to be provided to third parties
- ・ The scheduled start date for the provision of Personal Information pertaining to the relevant notification
- 2. Notwithstanding the provisions in the preceding paragraph, in the following cases, the person receiving the relevant information is not considered a third party.
- ・ In the case that the Company entrusts all or some of the handing of Personal Information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use
- ・ In the case personal information is provided due to succession of the business due to a merger or other such circumstances
- ・ In the case that Personal Information is used jointly by specific parties and the Company notifies the user of this in advance as well as the details of that Personal Information, the extent of the joint users, the joint users’ purpose of use, and the name and address of the person responsible for managing the Personal Information, and, if the joint user is a corporation, the name of its representative; or the Company makes the foregoing information readily accessible to the user in advance
Article 6 (Disclosure Personal Information)
- 1. The Company, when disclosure of Personal Information or records of provision to third parties is requested by users, shall disclose this to users without delay. However, if disclosure would result in any of the following cases, the Company may not disclose all or part of the information, and if the Company decides not to disclose the information, it shall inform users to that effect without delay. In addition, a prescribed fee will be charged for the disclosure of Personal Information.
- ・ In the case there is the risk of harm to the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of users or third parties
- ・ In the case there is risk of seriously interfering with the proper implementation of the business of the Company
- ・ In the case of violation of other laws and regulations
- 2. Notwithstanding the provisions in the preceding paragraph, in principle, the Company will not disclose information other than Personal Information.
Article 7 (Correction, Addition or Deletion of Personal Information)
- 1. Users may, in the case that information held on the user in question by the Company is erroneous, request that the Company correct, add, or delete (hereafter, “Correction, etc.”) Personal Information in accordance with the procedures prescribed by the Company.
- 2. The Company, in the case that it has received the request described in the preceding paragraph and deems it necessary to respond to the request, shall conduct Correction, etc., of the Personal Information without delay.
- 3. The Company, in the case it has conducted Correction, etc., based on the provisions of the preceding paragraph, or when it has decided not to conduct Correction, etc., shall notify users to this effect without delay.
Article 8 (Suspension of Use, Etc. of Personal Information)
- 1. The Company shall conduct necessary investigations without delay in the case that a user requests the suspension of use or deletion (hereafter “Suspension of Use, etc.”) on the following grounds: Personal Information is being handled beyond the scope of the Purpose of Use; it was obtained by wrongful means; it is special care-required Personal Information that was obtained not in accordance with laws and regulations and without obtaining the prior consent of the user; the Personal Information is being used by means where there is risk of fomenting or inducing an unlawful or unjust act. The Company shall implement Suspension of Use, etc., of the Personal Information in question in the case that the Company deems it necessary to respond to the request based on the results of the investigation.
- 2. The Company shall conduct necessary investigations without delay in the case that a user requests the suspension of the provision of Personal Information on the grounds that it is being provided to third parties in violation of laws and regulations. In the case that the Company deems that there are grounds to respond to the request based on the results of the investigation, it shall suspend the provision of the Personal Information in question to third parties without delay.
- 3. The Company shall conduct necessary investigations without delay in the case that a user requests Suspension of Use, etc., or suspension of provision to third parties of Personal Information on the following grounds: use of Personal Information is no longer necessary; a situation such as leakage, etc. has occurred; handling Personal Information is likely to harm the user’s rights and interests. In the case that the Company deems that there are grounds to respond to the request based on the results of the investigation, the Company shall implement Suspension of Use, etc., and suspend provision to third parties of the Personal Information in question without delay.
- 4. Notwithstanding the preceding three paragraphs, the Company shall implement alternative measures in the case that Suspension of Use, etc., or suspension of provision to third parties would require a costly expenditure or in that case that it would be difficult to implement Suspension of Use, etc. or suspension of provision to third parties, and it is possible for the Company to take the necessary alternative measures to protect the rights and interests of the user.
- 5. The Company will notify the user without delay in the case it has implemented Suspension of Use, etc., or suspension of provision to third parties based on the provisions of paragraphs 1 through 3, or when it has decided not to implement Suspension of Use, etc. or suspension of provision to third parties.
- 1. The content of the Policy, excluding items otherwise provided for in laws and regulations and the Policy, may be changed without notifying users.
Article 10 (Inquiries)
Please contact the address below for inquiries regarding the Policy, requests pursuant to Articles 6 through 8, and complaints regarding the handling of Personal Information.
Address: Otemachi First Square, East Tower 23rd Floor, 5-1, Otemachi 1-Chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8116, Japan
Company name: NTT Green & Food, Inc.
Division in charge: Corporate Division
Others (Regarding the use of Google Analytics)
This website uses Google Analytics to identify how the site is being used. Google Analytics collects this website’s usage data using cookies. Site users can stop the collection of information by Google by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on and refreshing their browser’s add-on settings. Please refer to the websites below for more information.